Gifts of Real Estate
How It Works
- You deed your home, your vacation home, undeveloped property or a commercial building to Franklin & Marshall College.
- Franklin & Marshall may use the property for its own purposes or may sell it and use the proceeds.
- You receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate at the time of the transfer.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific program at Franklin & Marshall.